Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Craigslist Experiment

So a few weeks ago I thought I would post a few necklaces I made with my resin creations. I only made ONE post that included four necklaces with pictures attached. This is what my ad looked like:

I make resin jewelry.

$10/each pendant; cash only

Altered State Series & Tainted Heart Series resin pendants strung on an adjustable black nylon cord. Max length of cord approx. 14 inches.

Altered State Series - the colors are turquoise and flamingo pink - some areas where the colors blended the pendant appears to be purple. Two pendants available.
Tainted Heart Series - the color is turquoise. Two pendants available.

I can make the cord longer if needed. The Altered State Heart necklace has been sold - I'm showing it because the vibrant colors didn't show up very well in the other two pictures. 








This is the email I got today:

flagged & removed: 2501657872 (jewelry) Handmade resin jewelry

Your posting has been flagged for removal.
Approximately 98% of postings removed are in violation of craigslist posting guidelines.
Please make sure you are abiding by all posted site rules, including our terms of use:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/terms.of.use.html
If you need help figuring out why your posting was flagged, try asking in our flag help forum: http://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=3. Include posting title, body, category, city, how often posted, any images, HTML markup, etc.
If your posting was wrongly flagged down (2% of flagged ads are) please accept our apologies and feel free to repost.
Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for your understanding.

I don't believe I have done anything wrong, and I'm not going to bother posting it again. It isn't like anybody showed any interest by responding. I can't afford Artfire or Etsy at this time or I would have more than the two pieces I currently have posted on Etsy.

2 comments: