Friday, July 8, 2011

Getting DSL

Yesterday I was so excited because my DSL was activated after being without broadband since mid-February. I have been using my BB's 3G connection for internet. I wasn't able to connect until after 9 p.m. So, I enjoyed using it for a few hours. When I woke up this morning, I found that my modem no longer was connecting to the internet. GRRRR!!! In exchange for DSL internet, I decided to shut off my cell service and tomorrow my phone becomes inactive. I won't be getting a new modem until Tuesday, and Tuesday cannot come soon enough. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. What ISP (Internet Service Provider) did you choose?

    I had Comcast, but got so tired of the bill going up and up that I cancelled it. Now I'm with Clear (www.clear.com)But they're not everywhere yet. I considered just getting a MiFi (Mobile Hotspot) with my carrier Verizon Wireless, but can't justify the price yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Qwest DSL (soon to be Century Link). I went on their website and found they were running a special on internet, phone, cable, Verizon Wireless at affordable bundle pricing. We went with phone and internet for around $60/month locked in for FIVE years. We have unlimited local, long distance, and 10 features - i.e. caller i.d., voice mail, three-way calling, etc.

    I was using Comcast too and like you got tired of the price hikes. Then I had to use my Blackberry tether connection through T-Mobile for a few months. I miss having a cell phone but at least I can use my laptop or cell phone in hotspots with Qwest Wifi.

    ReplyDelete